The keyword search searches all of the fields and can bring up a large number of results.
It may not be the most efficient way to search.
The keyword search is most beneficial when:
- The exact title is not known
- Use one or two major title words
- The exact subject heading is not known
- Use your best guess for subject terms
- A complex search with multiple concept is needed
- Use "and" between your concepts to narrow the search
- "And" is a "Boolean operator"
Use the Advanced Search to search multiple concepts in various fields.
- Limit and sort results with the Advanced search.
- Advanced Search uses Boolean Logic to narrow or broaden.
- Boolean Logic can be used in most databases.
Cozy Up with a Book!
Office 365 for students
URL for Office 365: https://portal.microsoftonline.com
Student log on: firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be a bit of setup the first time a student uses Office 365. Some will have to set the Language Display (English-Canada) and Time Zone (Saskatchewan). Then click on Save and the Outlook Tab will open.
What wil the students see? Across the top are tabs. Each tab will take you to a different area: Outlook, Calendar, People, OneDrive (renamed from SkyDrive), Sites.
- See this video for detailed information on the initial step-up of Office 365 for Students.
- See the support document for teachers.
- See the Application Support page for Office 365